Hotel Chateau Sallandrouze  
 
 

The formidable yet gracious castle of Boussac dates from the 12th century and is built on a rocky promontory overlooking the town and the Creuse valley.  The six famous “Lady and the Unicorn” tapestries, which now hang in the Cluny museum in Paris, were discovered here in 1841 by Prosper Mérimée and were brought to public attention by the writer George Sand. George Sand was a regular visitor to the Boussac castle and set her first book, Jeanne, in the castle.  Just outside of Boussac are the Pierres Jumâtres.  A sense of mystery surrounds these strange rock formations that appear as if a giant hand placed them carefully and somewhat precariously there.

www.central-france.com/boussac.htm

www.lacreuzette.com